[GRASS-dev] Re: WinGRASS needs TclTk 8.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Jan 15 15:08:45 EST 2008

 From my original attempt back in November, when starting gis.m:

GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > X Error of failed request:  BadMatch
(invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Serial number of failed request:  2296

The splash shows just before the error.

On Jan 15, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> On 15/01/08 18:51, Michael Barton wrote:
>> Moritz,
>> In accidental testing, we've discovered that WinGRASS won't run
>> with TclTk 8.5. It needs 8.4. William Kyngesbury also ran into a
>> problem with TclTk 8.5 for Mac.
>
> Thanks for the info. I put it into the README. Any idea what
> specifically fails with 8.5 ? And does it also fail in Linux ?
>
> Moritz

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin