[GRASS-dev] why d.vect.thematic won't run on WinGRASS - d.mon problem

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jan 24 14:07:15 EST 2008

I'm going to try this as soon as I can steal a bit of time. I'm
somewhat uncertain how to get the initial PNG for GRASS_PNG_READ.

I can create a dummy temp map using r.mapcalc and then save it to a
PNG using r.out.png. But I need to make sure that it's background is
transparent so that the final composite can overlay whatever is in the
map display. Any suggestion for how I do that?

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor
Professor of Anthropology
Director of Graduate Studies
School of Human Diversity & Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA