[GRASS-dev] svn seems to complete commit to repository, but hang locally

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jan 27 13:20:17 EST 2008

Hamish wrote:
> Hamish:
>>> Something I miss from the old GRASS ViewCVS web interface was the
>>> "annotate" tool, to see in which rev a change was introduced.
>>>   http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/
>>>
>>> the new SVN-ViewCVS mirror does not have it:
>>>  http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/
>
> Martin:
>> sorry, I don't understand, comparing
>>
>> http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6
>>
>> and
>>

> http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/trunk/?root=grass-osgeo
>

> http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/display/d.ask/main.c
>  "Revision 2.4 / (as text) / (view) - annotate - [select for diffs] ,"
>
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/trunk/display/d.ask/main.c?rev=23493&root=grass-osgeo&view=log
>  "Revision 23493  - (view) (download) (as text) - [select for diffs] "

Folks,

For what it's worth, you can get a report from subversion indicating the
last person to touch each line of code using the "svn blame" command.

eg.
svn blame xmlreformat.cpp
   4585   warmerda         CPLFree( pszRawXML );
   4588   warmerda         CPLDestroyXMLNode( poTree );
   4585   warmerda     }
   8351       dron
   8351       dron     return 0;
   2859   warmerda }
  11940  warmerdam

The first column is the revision in which the line was changed, and the
second column is the userid responsible.  My understanding is that this
will appear as an option in the Trac browser in a future version which i'm
quite looking forward to.

Best regards,