[GRASS-dev] Re: Python MatPlotLib histogram example

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 30 01:43:29 EST 2008

On 30/01/08 06:55, Michael Barton wrote:
> I spent a little time playing around with the Python statistical
> graphing library MatPlotLib this evening. I've attached a screenshot of
> a demo histogram and, below, the code needed to create it. This example
> uses TkInter, but it isn't much more complicated to put this into
> wxPython. This seems pretty cool. There are much nicer plots too.

Great !

Could we try to make it as a general rule for such tasks (e.g. I'm also
thinking about the profiler...) we isolate the code of the actual
drawing function to make it callable from the GUI and the command line ?

Glynn, will what you have in mind for the new display system also allow
this for things like more sophisticated scalebar and legend placement
from the command line on the basis of the python code used in the GUI ?

Moritz