[GRASS-dev] SoC Report: v.buffer/v.parallel reimplementation

Росен Матев r.matev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 02:20:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

This week I managed to finish the part, which generates parallel lines
to all the inner and outer contours of the input line. You probably
already saw that, as I posted images. I figured out the algorithm for
the final phase (the cleaning of extra loops). It's a matter of hours
for me to implement it and test it. It has running time comparable
(and less) to previous parts of the whole algorithm, so it won't be a
bottleneck. Moreover, it doesn't have the flaws of the old
implementation. My task for the weekend is to finish the final part
and integrate the whole thing into v.buffer2. It should be pretty
straightforward process and I don't expect difficulties. Then I'll
update the documentation, so that it covers the new features. There
were some minor blocks this week and they were resolved.

Regards,
Rosen Matev