[GRASS-dev] errors compiling nviz in GRASS 7

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 6 17:00:57 EDT 2008

On Jul 6, 2008, at 3:36 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2008, at 3:23 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>>> Errors in:
>>> /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass7_src/lib/nviz
>>> /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass7_src/gui/wxpython/vdigit
>>> /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass7_src/gui/wxpython/nviz
>>> /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass7_src/visualization/nviz2/cmd
>>> --
>>> cmb-MBP-2:grass7_src cmbarton$ cd /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/
>>> grass7_src/lib/nviz

Just noticing that nviz gets its own library now, probably so that
there can be a tcltk nviz and wxpython nviz without duplicating the
core nviz features.  Now here's something that gets tricky with OSX.

TclTk in OSX has never really worked all that well for NVIZ in the
"Aqua" OpenGL configuration.  Only the X11 configuration has worked
reliably for NVIZ.  So most people will be configuring for X11.

So, assuming that you configure for X11 OpenGL/TclTk, the NVIZ library
will be made for X11 OpenGL.  But wxPython OpenGL will be "Aqua" no
matter what.  I don't know if this is the source of the current
errors, but it will certainly be a problem later.

Either the GUI will have to be an either/or choice (or just ignore
TclTk GUI), or we need to make sure NVIZ TclTk works in the OSX Aqua
configuration so they can be configured together.

For the immediate problems, I'd say configure with Aqua and disable
TclTk NVIZ compilation.

--with-opengl=aqua --without-tcltk --without-x

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy