[GRASS-dev] errors compiling nviz in GRASS 7

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jul 6 19:49:00 EDT 2008

I found it and this may be the issue. This refers back to an issue
that William raised with Martin over compiling for Mac. The OpenGL
that GRASS uses is located in /usr/X11/include/GL/gl.h.

That is, it uses the X11 version of GL for NVIZ. If the new lib is
building for wxPython, then it needs an Aqua version of GL. I think
that this exists, but still don't know where it is.

Once we find it, however, we somehow need to have GRASS compile the
old NVIZ (i.e., in TclTk) with the X11 GL and the new wxPython NVIZ to
use the native Aqua version. This may make compiling on Mac somewhat
more complicated.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity