[GRASS-dev] r.viewshed update && comparing resolutions

Will willster3021 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:43:06 EDT 2008

Hello GRASS developers,

So, as promised an r.viewshed update.  I'm basically done.  Right now I'm
running a few tests to get a better feel for the timing and work out any
bugs, and hopefully you should be seeing it added to the svn version of
GRASS within the next day or so.

Right now I have run into one issue that I'm not sure about.  The header I'm
storing only has space for one resolution, while GRASS's Cell_head has space
for two (ew_res and ns_res) (I do this because that was how the algorithm
was orriginally written and it makes calculations MUCH easier and cleaner.)
Anyway,  so, I tried to make sure that ew_res and ns_res are equal before I
set it, but I have since realized that they are floats, and therefore will
not compare nicely.

So, do I need to do this comparison?  Will ns_res always equal ew_res, or
are there some situations where they are not equal?  If I do need to do the
comparison, how should I go about doing it?

Thanks,
--
-Will