[GRASS-dev] Python script test

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 21 14:04:30 EDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2008, at 2:17 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:
>
>> I suspect that /etc/profile resets PYTHONPATH. Init.sh creates a
>> .bashrc script in the mapset directory (which, at the point that the
>> session shell is started, is $HOME), and that script sources
>> /etc/profile.
>>

> That's it. PYTHONPATH is set in my .profile. So it overwrites
> whatever GRASS has set. I can fix this for me, but yours fixes this
> more generally.

See my other reply - /etc/profile doesn't touch PYTHONPATH.
~/.profile is not /etc/profile, and /etc/profile doesn't load
~/.profile, as far as I can tell.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy