[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jul 22 16:41:23 EDT 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> > togl and togl->aglCtx are known to be non-NULL (otherwise it would
> > have crashed before then). Can you try the following:
> >
> > 	print ((MacDrawable *) (window))
> > 	print ((MacDrawable *) (window))->toplevel
> > 	print ((MacDrawable *) (window))->toplevel->grafPtr
>
> I'm assuming that you mean to enter these lines in gdb. Here is the
> result.

> (gdb) print ((MacDrawable *) (window))
> No symbol "MacDrawable" in current context.

Hmm; does this work:

	print ((struct TkWindowPrivate *) (window))
	print ((struct TkWindowPrivate *) (window))->toplevel
	print ((struct TkWindowPrivate *) (window))->toplevel->grafPtr
?

Failing that, just:

	print window

might provide a clue.

OTOH, I'm not sure if any of this will actually help in the end. The
conclusion may well just be "Togl doesn't work with 8.5". I can't see
any references to 8.5 on the Togl site (it isn't a particularly active
project).