[GRASS-dev] PYTHONPATH issue

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jul 23 01:23:27 EDT 2008

After hours of thinking I'd some something wrong in my installation, I
found that I need to do a ...

export PYTHONPATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
lib/python2.5/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH"

...in order to reliably read and import modules from this standard
folder in scripts.

The bizarre thing is that this is already IN my PYTHONPATH AFAICT and
*some* things in site-packages load fine, while others do not.
However, if I go into a Python shell, everything from site-packages
imports fine.

This seems kind of black magic to me.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies