[GRASS-dev] success compiling GRASS 7 trunk ... sort of

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jul 25 19:43:22 EDT 2008

I trashed all of my files in GRASS trunk and rechecked out a new copy.
This time it compiled fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Now, however, the wxPython interface won't open. I get the following
error:

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

This happens in both develbranch_6 and trunk. I've checked to make
sure that I updated python and wxPython correctly, and have the newest
version. The wxGUI startup screen begins without any trouble and I
have no problems running any wxPython demo or example. Python imports
wx fine and the version is correct. I have not updated and recompiled
on my MacBook in the last 36 hours and so wonder if something has
changed in the source? Is anyone else having this problem?

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University