[GRASS-dev] Re: SoC Report: v.buffer/v.parallel reimplementation

Росен Матев r.matev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 06:06:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

This week I finished the development of contour line extraction
algorithm. It works fine now. I only need to do some minor tweaks. It
runs in O(n*n) time but after buffers are working I'll write O(nlogn)
version, which is more complicated (I actually need to rewrite only
one function and not all of them). The previous week I realized that
the issues I found earlier with parallel_line() are serious. I've
found out how to fix the two bugs but the behavior of parallel_line()
is still not well defined. I'm going to start a thread in order to
clear things up (hopefully). However this problems don't stop me from
continuing development of buffer generation because there I need to
create parallel lines only to lines containing no loops. Next week
I'll write this specialized routine and discuss the issues with
general parallel lines.

Rosen Matev