[GRASS-dev] Trying TclTk 8.5 x11

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jul 27 04:55:13 EDT 2008

I tried to compile against TclTk 8.5 x11 instead of aqua now to see
what happens. I could get GRASS to compile with no problems, although
Platform.make is now defaulting to a platform build when I try to
specify TclTk 8.5, no matter what I put into the configure string. So
I have to go in and manually edit it back to a -l version of TclTk.
My first attempts produced an nviz in aqua, even though GRASS was in
x11 TclTk (all x11 in the configure string). I finally got nviz to
stop looking for TclTk 8.5 aqua and it looks like it doesn't run in
8.5 x11.

8.5 also doesn't look as nice in x11 as 8.4. So maybe we should stick
with 8.4 for x11 build and go with 8.5 for an aqua build.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University