[GRASS-dev] Re: requiring 2.8.1.1???

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:44:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/7/27 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

[...]

>> Maybe I misunderstand, but this is what we want. We need to know that
>> the default version of wx is at or above 2.8.1. So it doesn't matter
>> if you have 2.6 and 2.8.1, if 2.6 is your default,
>>
>> import wx
>> wx.version()
>>
>> should say that 2.6 is running, which is the wrong version. This
>> should generate an error out of CheckForWx().
>
> Why would we want to use 2.6 and fail if you actually have 2.8?

AFAIU we don't want to use 2.6, required version is >= 2.8.1.1.

> AFAICT, if you have 2.8, we should use 2.8. It shouldn't matter what
> the default is, or if you even have a default (a default should only
> be required for code which pre-dates the addition of the wxverion
> module).

yes, wxversion.select() is just called before 'import wx' to be sure
that selected version of wxPython is 2.8 in the case you have more
than one version of wxPython installed (e.g. 2.6 and 2.8).

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *