[GRASS-dev] Re: problem with CheckForWx in wxGUI

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 05:01:12 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

2008/7/27 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
> Trying to find a workaround on the wxPython mailing list or other place is
> good, but my experience has been that responses are erratic and sometimes
> very slow. It can take quite a while until a developer actually believes

I do not agree here, wxPython mailing list in the concrete is not that
case. *Not erratic and not slow*, at least you get very useful answer
from Robin Dunn in one day...

> Until this is solved, CheckForWx using wxversion does not work on the Mac
> platform--or on ANY system that has a binary installation of wxPython that
> lacks the source file _core.py. A version check is good, but not when it

In the past I asked on wxPython ML, see

http://lists.wxwidgets.org/pipermail/wxpython-users/2008-July/077605.html

http://lists.wxwidgets.org/pipermail/wxpython-users/2008-July/077611.html

http://lists.wxwidgets.org/pipermail/wxpython-users/2008-July/077618.html