[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 27 13:33:22 EDT 2008

On Jul 27, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> 'osxaqua' is also used once outside of tcl scripts, in init.sh.  It's
>> used to decide whether to pipe the gis.m startup command to "sh &" or
>> not.  I don't know if this really needs to be there, or if a
>> different
>> test could be used.
>
> That code is complete gibberish, and potentially quite dangerous (if
> wish writes anything to stdout, the shell will attempt to execute it),
> so I have removed it.
>
> ISTR that it's a hack to deal with the case where Init.sh doesn't have
> a stdout (i.e. if it's run directly from the desktop rather than from
> a terminal).

The OSX app startup ('desktop' startup) should have a shell at this
time.  I open a new Terminal window before running the GRASS startup
script.

I don't know how Lorenzo handles it, but that's probably one of those
things that should be handled by the packager (-> make sure there is a
stdout available before starting GRASS).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect