[GRASS-dev] PYTHONPATH question

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Jul 29 17:59:39 EDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 3:30 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> See below...
>
> William has already identified the core problem: scripts are using a
> different version of Python to the interactive interpreter, and
> presumably only one of the two versions has matplotlib installed.
>
> If you set PYTHONPATH, all interpreters will find modules in those
> directories (it will even override system modules, so don't put the
> system directories in PYTHONPATH, only site-packages). If PYTHONPATH
> is unset, each version will use its own site-packages directory.
>
> Given that the two versions are almost identical (2.5.1 vs 2.5.2), I
> suggest setting PYTHONPATH to contain both modules' site-packages
> directories, and nothing else.

Or make sure the correct python is running.

They are similar versions, but compiled differently - one (2.5.1) for
OSX Leopard, the other (2.5.2) for Tiger and also-works-on-Leopard.
The Mac Python list would have a better idea if this a workable
solution, or crazy.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy