[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 30 09:57:37 EDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 9:19 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

>>> We needed the -framework flags because -l would get the system tcltk
>>> symlinks.
>>
>> Er, not if you also use -L, surely?
>>
> Yes, because the aqua framework does not install lib symlinks -
> there is nothing to link to using -ltcl -ltk.  So we must use the -
> framework flags.

So, reinstate the txltk aqua option?  And then let the user specify
tcltk-includes.  I'd say default the headers to /Library/Frameworks
tcl & tk, and recommend that the user installs tcltk aqua 8.5, but
requiring the user to supply the paths is also OK.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy