[GRASS-dev] GRASS FFMPEG support

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:49:56 EDT 2008

Hi Marco,

I have also recently tried to include ffmpeg in my compilations (Linux
Debian - Sid) and you have to configure with --with-ffmpeg, this will
tell GRASS to count on ffmpeg libs (indeed they seems to be libavcodec
and libavutil as part of ffmpeg and they seem to be checked by
configure).

However I was unsuccessful so far to have configure accept it.
I even tried --with-ffmpeg-includes=/usr/include/ffmpeg

I hope some other people are having enlightenment.
Yann

2008/6/11  <marco.pasetti at alice.it>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm building ffmpeg on windows through MinGW; standard build went
> succesfully, but I have some doubts: what does GRASS need to enable ffmpeg
> support in it?
>
> I built ffmpeg enabling shared and disabling static libraries, but enabling
> shared produces only libavutil, libavcodec and libavformat as DLLs, and not
> a ffmpeg DLL, as I roughly expected (I checked on the official ffmpeg web
> site, that's normal, there is any ffmpeg.dll mentioned)
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marco

Yann Chemin