[GRASS-dev] proper v.parallel behavior on strange input

Росен Матев r.matev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 08:17:56 EDT 2008

Hi

Note that this particular input produces wrong buffers when using the
old v.buffer and vlib/buffer.c (no matter what the specified distance
is: dist < 5,  5 < dist < 10, dist > 10, it outputs wrong things).
Similar issues will arise when using the new buffer.c. As I was
thinking how to resolve them, I've come to the conclusion that it
might not be possible to use the parallel line generation to make
buffers. I'll think over it a little more and then I'll decide
(hopefully with your help) whether it is inevitable to separate
v.buffer from parallel line generation.