[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] low radiance values after i.atcor and i.topo.corr

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jun 22 15:02:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> > To change the format of the signature files, replace %f with %g in
>> > I_write_signatures(), in lib/imagery/sig.c.
>>
>> I have tried that, of course it works.

Submitted.

>> But apparently i.maxlik needs a change, too, to read that properly (same
>> sig.c fie, I suppose). At least i.maxlik doesn't produce any better result
>> with the precision improved signatures.
>
> i.maxlik just calls I_read_signatures(). That just uses fscanf("%f"),
> which will read anything which was generated by %f, %e or %g (for the
> *scanf family, %f, %e and %g are synonyms).

Right. I found the problem: i.maxlik reads in as CELL. This needs a rewrite
to permit all common raster2D types.
Hacking in DCELL instead of CELL for reading my FP simulated maps,
i.maxlik works.

Are you willing to update i.maxlik for INT/FP support for the input maps?

Markus