[GRASS-dev] cannot build gdal-grass

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Jun 22 19:38:37 EDT 2008

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> >> gdal-grass 1.4.3 refuses to build against GDAL 1.5.2 r14751 and
> >> GRASS 6.4 r31801.
> >>
> >> checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis... no configure: error:
> >> --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.4.svn requested, but libraries not
> >> found! Perhaps you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
> >> /usr/local/grass-6.4.svn/lib
> >>
> >> What could be wrong? This used to work couple of days ago.
>
> > Look in config.log for the actual error message.
>
> Right.
>
> Here's the relevant part I guess:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgrass_I

Ah. The imagery library isn't called libgrass_I any more; it's now
called libgrass_imagery.

It was changed at the same time that I moved the clustering code to a
separate library. However, I didn't realise that it had been
back-ported to 6.4.

You can probably get around the problem by adding a symlink, e.g.:

	ln -s libgrass_imagery.so /usr/local/grass-6.4.svn/lib/libgrass_I.so