[GRASS-dev] Re: r.walk and r.drain improvements

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:02:00 EDT 2008

I have been working on the grass-6.3.0 release version which I
compiled from source myself.

Several problems:
1) I tried to run the unaltered r.drain on a cost surface made with an
unaltered r.walk and there were pits in it causing the r.drain to fail
to find the start point. Should that even be possible? How could there
be pits in a cost surface?

2) I just tried to do a simple comparison with r.cost and found that
it isn't functioning properly at all. It gets to "Finding cost path"
and starts counting percents. It works fine until 99% and then it
lists 100% many times, 101% many times and so on. It was around 250%
when I stopped it. Perhaps this is something in my current
compile....? I have no idea.

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> I'm happy to see these improvements to r.drain. In this context I want to
> mention that r.drain doesn't seem to work correctly in latlon locations.
>
> Michael

I'll try to look into latlong but that may be beyond my current ability.

-Colin