[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS Wiki Hacking

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jun 25 08:34:32 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> It includes a somewhat half-baked WinGRASS build I prepared myself
> several months ago, based on the wingrass build notes at the time.
> Amoung other things, it proves that a MingW built GRASS can use
> a VC7.1 built GDAL.

Alas, I'm finding that isn't the case. Any and all attempts to
configure GRASS using the OSGeo4W libraries fail with:

	undefined reference to `GDALOpen'

[This is after I've constructed a working gdal-config from
gdal-config.tmpl.]

I have tried both linking against the import library with:

	-L/c/OSGeo4W/lib -lgdal_i

and directly against the DLL with:

	-L/c/OSGeo4W/bin -lgdal15

I also had to remove the msvcrt.dll from the bin directory, as that
caused -L/c/OSGeo4W/bin to fail (even if you didn't actually use any
libraries) due to multiple definitions of _onexit() and atexit().