[GRASS-dev] Re: [SoC Report] 2.5/3D visualization tool for wxPython GRASS GUI

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:58:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

Status report #4 for week ending on 27th June, 2008.

1. What did you get done this week?

I have implemented *very limited* prototype of wxNviz (see [1]). Just
to load raster layers from layer tree and display them in the map
display (switching to OpenGL mode) as surfaces.

2. What do you plan on doing next week?

Currently rendering is very very slow (comparing to original TCL/TK
NVIZ). In the next week I am planning to improve it. I would like also
to implement surface-related features (setting attributes, drawing
mode, etc.)

When basic prototype is ready (should be for the middle-term
evaluation) I am planning to move the code from grass-addons to trunk
(GRASS 7) to make easier testing.

3. Are you blocked on anything?

Most of time I am straggling with TCL/TK Nviz and its debugging...

Martin

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Image:Wxnviz-alpha-0.png

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *