[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS Wiki Hacking

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jun 29 06:09:27 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 05:42:17PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > given the minority status of Windows amongst
> > > GRASS users and (especially) developers, as there's always a risk that
> > > the Windows specific parts won't get updated and/or tested regularly
> > > enough.
> >
> > Do you have hard evidence of this? This is not my impression these days.
>
> Who, other than you, is working on the Windows version regularly?

I'm not working on Windows since 2000.
I agree that GRASS developers are Linux-based, and probably also many (most?) power users.
On the other hand, I think regular users are more evenly spread across OSs, I believe.
So having thorough testing for win and mac is mostly a matter of having fresh packages for those OS.
For this, it would be feasible to set up an automatic packaging running daily from SVN?
All the best.
pc