[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] How to find out an angle between to points on the map (for r.plane, r.lake)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 02:27:42 EST 2008

Helena wrote:
> > This reminds me - was the patch below submitted to SVN?

Not yet. AFAICT Dylan has SVN permissions for grass-addons/ but not the
main source tree?

I haven't checked: does the patch "do the right thing" for lat/lon
locations yet? It needs to do that first. FWIW, I haven't looked at the
patch yet but the feature seems useful.

> > Do we have a procedure (dedicated person) for keeping
> > track of patches submitted through track
> > and making sure they get submitted if appropriate?

Interested devels should claim ownership of the bug in the tracker.
As long as it is in the tracker it won't get too lost or forgotten.

Otherwise they sit there until someone takes an interest, which may not
be an entirely bad thing as commiters are obliged to take primary
responsibility for code they check in. Every new part of the code needs
a champion to look after it otherwise bugs go unfixed and there is no
check on bloat.

Michael:
> I just tried to check out any updates to d.measure and found that it
> doesn't run on my Mac. It produces a bus error. I don't need it, but
> folks should be aware of this.

The code hasn't changed in 10 months*. So perhaps something else is
wrong like a build problem? If it persists can you debug it?

[*] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/display/d.measure

Hamish