[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r30420 - grass/trunk/scripts/v.db.renamecol

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:41:37 EST 2008

Maciek,

2008/3/3, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl>:
> >> Did my adding periods break any translations? Should I delete theses
>  >>  periods? Sorry if a stupid question.
>
>  > yes, it can turn translated messages to fuzzy. I would prefer to put
>  > '.' at the end of single sentence message too, but since last message
>  > standardization effort follows rule 'single sentence message ->
>  > without '.') I would prefer to continue in this way and to change
>  > 'rules' every year;-)
>

> OK. I'm deleting them. Though a sentence with no period is crippled.
>  Reader might suppose the message is incomplete or broken. Could this be
>  changed in GRASS 7?

I would really avoid it, GRASS 7 should be focused on other things
than changing all messages which have been changed in the last decade
back;-) Look at changesets with log ~ "Message standardization" from
the last few months, now it is too late to change this rule. I can
repeat that I would prefer to put '.' at the end of each (even single
sentence) message, but it would be really waste of energy to change
all messages back. Carlos?

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *