[GRASS-dev] New Binary Package Project for winGRASS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 18:13:34 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/3/2, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>  One thing I noticed:
>  The start screen screenshot includes "C:/grassdata" which will
>  instantly look very wrong to MS Windows-only users.
>  ?
>  Can C:\ be used or does it need to be a forward slash?

hm, strange behaviour under MSYS, I just clicked 'Browse', by default
I got c:/grassdata. MSYS seems to understand /c/grassdata,
c:\grassdata even c:/grassdata.

>  We have a GRASS icon for MS Windows in SVN, could it be used on the top
>  right corner of the windows and the taskbar?  lib/init/grass.ico

Now should be fixed. See

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Image:Wxgui-startup-windows1.png

>  In the GIS manager window layer list it possible to pack the [100%] box
>  at the right edge of the line?

I am not sure, anyway I have discussed that with Michael. wx.SpinCtrl
widget for changing transparency seems to be a bit disturbing (at
least for me, personal taste). Maybe I would prefer to hide this
functionality in contextual menu "Set transparency level" -> open
small window frame, OK.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *