[GRASS-dev] twekaing messages [was: r30420 - grass/trunk/scripts/v.db.renamecol]

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 10:53:31 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/3/4, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl>:
>  >>>> Did my adding periods break any translations? Should I delete theses
>  >>>>  periods? Sorry if a stupid question.
>
>  >>> yes, it can turn translated messages to fuzzy.
>
>  > It will most likely do since the messages are different now from
>  > the previous version.
>
>  Is any modification of an existing message going to break it's translations?

yes, when a message is already translated then translation is marked as fuzzy

>  > We should be really careful with the messages. Once someone has
>  > translated 5000 messages s/he will be "happy" to do it again just for the
>  > introduction of a period.
>
>  I changed much more in the messages than periods only. Will that be a
>  problem?

Changing messages is not forbidden;-)) Just bear in mind that it will
break translations, so the change should be reasonable and follow the
message standardization effort (should be better documented)

Regards, Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *