[GRASS-dev] Re: GUI support for TclTk 8.5

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 10 11:19:11 EDT 2008

I put an OSX SVN build on my GRASS page with TclTk 8.5.  NVIZ works on
Leopard but not on Tiger.  It installs in /Applications/GRASS-SVN so
it doesn't overwrite the RC5 release.

http://www.kyngchaos.com/wiki/software:grass

For further testing, it also includes the wxpython vdigit that seems
to be working.

On Mar 10, 2008, at 6:07 AM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

> I could try it.
>

> On Mar 9, 2008, at 6:36 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> I can build an OSX GRASS app with TclTk 8.5 for others to test, and
>> try it myself.
>>
>> If we intend to support multiple versions of TclTk, it would be
>> helpful to have a TCLTKVER variable in Platform.make for the
>> configured major.minor version.

>>> You are right that fixing issues is probably pretty simple. It's
>>> figuring out what to fix that is time consuming. Right now, I'm
>>> heavily overcommitted timewise. And on top of that, I'm using my
>>> laptop (primary development box) for my GIS class and can't afford
>>> to have GRASS broken for more than a couple days. So I have no
>>> problem in theory, fixing the GUI for 8.5 if it doesn't involve
>>> NVIZ internals or something like that, but won't have time to do
>>> much for awhile.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>

>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket
>> filled with hyena offal?
>> Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head
>> in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
>> First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?
>>
>> -HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro