[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS-6.3.0RC5 Self Installer

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Sat Mar 15 06:36:57 EDT 2008

 Hi,

I forgot to reply to *this* in the previous mail:

>Just looking at your building guide [2], I see that you do not do a 'make
install' but copy the files directly from the dist.* dir to $GISBASE.
Actually the 'make install' step is necessary as this corrects a series of
path issues in the files for windows. This might be the cause of your
problems with spaces (although I'm only guessing - I'll try to install my
package in a directory with spaces to test). Any specific reason why you did
not want to go through the make install step ?

Sorry, but it don't definetely depends on it. *make install* windows path
corrections are only for the selected installation, so, if you want to
install on another machine, you must repeat all those *corrections* starting
from build files folder; and its exactly what I did with my install script;
but it remains the fact that, if you select a installation dir with spaces,
it creates errors such as:

- No help pages from main help menu (no message displayed)
- No NVIZ (child process exited abnormally)

Marco