R: [GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS-dev] New wxPython GUI

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 17 16:37:05 EDT 2008

I would like to get myself up to date on the new wxPython GUI and I am
wondering whether the suggestions in gui/wxpython/README are up to date.
Fore example README says
 GRASS GIS >= 6.3
 Python >= 2.4
 wxPython >= 2.8.1.1

but Marco talks about Python 2.5.2 and wxPython 2.8.7.1
(I have 2.4 and need to install wxPython - what should I get?)

README says you need to run make and install it, it is my understanding
that is not needed anymore ?

1 - INSTALLATION
Go to:
$ cd gui/wxpython