[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #99: r.resamp.interp fails for bicubic and bilinear interpolation

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Mar 18 17:01:24 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 2:39 PM, GRASS GIS wrote:

> #99: r.resamp.interp fails for bicubic and bilinear interpolation
> ----------------------
> +-----------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  cmbarton  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>      Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
>  I just found out that r.resamp.interp fails for both bicubic and
> bilinear
>  interpolation. It makes maps with all NAN values. I used the new
> NC data
>  set and produced a set of random elevation points (raster and
> vector),
>  then tried to use these in r.resamp.interp.

Michael - unless you have at least on point per cell NAN is actually
a correct result.
r.resamp.interp is for resampling a raster map not for interpolating
from randomly distributed points.
Eg this is the example from the book - you go from 30m resolution to
10m resolution -
let me know if that does not work (then we are in trouble because
this worked so we may have a bug introduced somewhere).

g.region rast=elevation -p
r.resamp.interp elev_ned_30m out=elev_ned10m_bil meth=bilinear
r.resamp.interp elev_ned_30m out=elev_ned10m_bic meth=bicubic

Helena