[GRASS-dev] Re: another r.resamp.interp bug report

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 19 00:39:41 EDT 2008

Michael - I have added an example from the book at the bottom of this
page - please try it and let me know whether it works.
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/grassbookdat07/
ncexternal/demo.txt

Please keep in mind that r.resample* is for reinterpolation of
continuous data to a different resolution not for interpolation from
scattered data (see the equations in the Appendix on what it does)
(r.surf.idw is designed for scattered data input in raster format).
You should convert your points from raster to vector points and use
the v.surf* modules to interpolate.

I hope this helps and let me know if the examples don't work

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth
and Atmospheric Sciences