[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #96: v.surf.bspline intermittent failure - maybe

Roberto Antolin tolanss at yahoo.es
Thu Mar 20 08:35:41 EDT 2008

Hi all,

> [GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #96: v.surf.bspline intermittent failure -
>  maybe on large datasets
>
> #96: v.surf.bspline intermittent failure - maybe on large datasets

> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  cmbarton  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
> Type:  defect    |      Status:  new Priority:  major     |
> Milestone:  6.3.0 Component:  default   |     Version: unspecified
>  v.surf.bspline is a potentially useful tool. But it seems to have
>  bugs that show up intermittently. On modest size datasets, it
> works very fast. However, with many points, it seems to sit and do
>  nothing. It's not clear whether it is locked up or becomes
> extremely slow. I'm still not sure if the column option works
> correctly.

I'm very sorry, but at this moment I can't get rid of it. I have to
finish my PhD thesis just the next month. It is still true that I had
to make the module much more verbose long time ago. Sorry also for that!

Anyway, the main problem with v.surf.bspline are not the number of
points but the number of splines. That is, in an interpolation the
problem isn't the observation but the unknowns that make the
computational time to grow up.

Cheers,
Roberto.

--
Pongamos fin a los archivos adjuntos en formato Word.
¿Quieres saber por qué? Mira aquí...