[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #100: v.surf.rst also crashes on MacOS X

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 20 10:10:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:11 AM, GRASS GIS <trac at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>   You are misunderstanding what r.resamp.interp does. It does not "fill"
>>  null areas (like e.g. r.surf.idw or r.fillnulls). It resamples a map,
>>   calculating cell values by interpolating between the neighbouring cells,
>>   all of which must be non-null in order to get a non-null result.

Markus:
>At this point we should improve the documentation:
>
>Current:
>"<EM>r.resamp.interp</EM> fills a grid cell (raster) matrix with
>interpolated values generated from a set of input layer data points."
>
>New:
>?

How about this:

"r.resamp.interp resamples an input raster map by interpolating between the neighboring
cells via one of nearest neighbor, bilinear, or cubic resampling algorithms. All cells
present in the neighborhood of the input raster cell must be non-null to generate a non-null
cell in the output raster map."

?

~ Eric.