[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS-6.3.0RC5 Self Installer

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 25 05:13:30 EDT 2008

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> I don't think this is an appropriate answer. Glynn did not necessarily
> mean that you are the one that has to host these files. In fact they
> should be on the osgeo GRASS site next to the installer, but to just
> shrug it off this way is not the way to go. Making sources available is
> a fundamental element of free software.
> So, to shorten a long discussion, I just used this simple command line
> to download all the source packages mentioned in your guide:
>
> for i in `grep "source code" BuildFromSource.html | awk -F'=' '{print
> $3}' | awk -F'"' '{print $2}' | sort`; do wget $i; done
>
> And I downloaded the msys, flex and bison sources manually.
>
> Everything is available at
> http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wingrass/wingrass_sources/ including
> the version of the GRASS sources you used (don't think this is
> necessary, but just to be complete). All packages are available
> individually, and there also is a wingrass_sources.tar which contains
> them all.
>
> Maybe Markus can just get the tar and put it on the download site next
> to the installer ?

you mean:
wingrass_sources.tar	13-Mar-2008 11:48 	 45M
?

I am not sure if we should really store that on the OSGeo
server. Then we have to do the same also for all the other
binaries and fill up the server space with overhead.
If you insist, I suggest to discuss this on the GRASS-PSC list.

We could store the hard-to-get sources, but why host PROJ4,
GDAL and such?

Markus