[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 22:22:48 EDT 2008

William:
> users who build from source may not have SWIG, and may not want to
> install something that's not used at runtime but only for compilation.

this sounds like a no-brainer to me. If a user wants to build from
source, then they need to install the required -dev tools. end of story.

otherwise you end up with a perpetually out-of-date situation which only
helps to both slow down development and break implementations; no point
keeping old cruft around.   ./configure is our exception...

swig/python/interfaces/*.i needs cleaning up too, see the Makefile.
(that dir is partially auto-generated from grass/include/?)

back,
Hamish