[GRASS-dev] r.watershed and swap memory

Andrew Danner adanner at cs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Mar 27 09:17:36 EDT 2008

Luca,

 Are you using the same easting/northing in r.water.outlet for both the
results generated by r.watershed and terrastream? As the images show,
the flow lines are bit different in the two images and you might have to
shift the basin outlet coordinates a bit. Also, are you sure the mapping
of drainage values is correct?

r.water.outlet/basin.h  lists two arrays for drainage

#define DRAINVAR	= {{ 7,6,5 },{ 8,-17,4 },{ 1,2,3 }}
#define UPDRAINVAR	= {{ 3,2,1 },{ 4,-17,8 },{ 5,6,7 }}

which seems to imply the mapping is either

7 6 5
8 x 4
1 2 3

or

3 2 1
4 x 8
5 6 7

neither of which seem to correspond to your mapping

of

7 0 1
6 x 2
5 4 3

I don't think 0 is a valid flow direction for r.water.outlet. running
r.stats on a flow direction map generated by r.watershed shows no 0
values. Some quick checking of the flow directions from r.watershed,
seems to suggest the second mapping above is correct, so try

1 = 8
2 = 7
4 = 6
8 = 5