R: [GRASS-dev] WinGRASS-6.3.0RC6 Self Installer

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 27 20:03:22 EDT 2008

Marco Pasetti wrote:

> >ODBC and maybe MySQL might be good things to add
>
> They are actually in my wish list, along with jpeg support, FFMPEG, xerces
> and some other things.

JPEG support doesn't actually mean anything.

None of the Makefiles use the JPEG variables (JPEGLIB, JPEGLIBPATH and
JPEGINCPATH).

The configure script uses the variables when testing for the TIFF
library, but that only matters if the TIFF library was built with JPEG
support but it requires specific switches to locate the JPEG library
(e.g. if the TIFF library is a static library).

If using --with-tiff and --without-jpeg works, either your TIFF
library doesn't have JPEG support, or it can find the JPEG library
without any assistance. Either way, adding --with-jpeg won't make any
difference.