[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 23, Issue 111

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Mar 30 00:39:06 EDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 9:00 AM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:00:24 -0000
> From: "GRASS GIS" <trac at osgeo.org>
> Subject: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #106: wxgrass: zoom to
> 	computational region does not respect resolution set with g.region
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
>
> #106: wxgrass: zoom to computational region does not respect
> resolution set with
> g.region
> --------------------------
> +-------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  mlennert     |       Owner:  martinl
>       Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
>  Component:  Python       |     Version:  svn-trunk
> Resolution:               |    Keywords:  wxgrass resolution zoom
> --------------------------
> +-------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by mlennert):
>
>  More info is always better (could be formatted a bit better, with
> at least
>  two more commas, but possibly spaces to make coordinates
> readable), but I
>  do think a visualisation mode showing the exact computational
> region would
>  be far superior. I won't insist though, as I seem to be the only one
>  asking for this...

I think we agree, but I don't understand what you are asking for.
There is a red bounding box that shows the exact computational region
in the display, regardless of what you zoom the *displa*y to. Maybe
you're not seeing it because it corresponds to the display. Turn it
on (pull-down on the right) and zoom out some. You should see a
bounding box that matches your computational region. If you zoom in
more than the computational region you won't see it though.

Michael