[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #106: wxgrass: zoom to computational region does not respect resolution set with g.region

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 31 10:12:46 EDT 2008

#106: wxgrass: zoom to computational region does not respect resolution set with
g.region
  Reporter:  mlennert     |       Owner:  martinl
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
 Component:  Python       |     Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |    Keywords:  wxgrass resolution zoom
Comment (by mlennert):

 Michael:
 > But there is no point in making the display itself have the same
 > resolution (xy pixels) as the map.

 Either we are not speaking about the same thing, or I disagree. I do think
 that it can be very useful to display the map at more or less the same
 resolution as the computation region.

 As images sometimes make things clearer, please look at http://geog-
 pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/misc/wxgrass_resolution.png.

 As you can see, the computational region's resolution is set to 300. The
 xmon-display makes it immediately obvious at which resolution we are
 working, whereas the wxgrass-display remains at a resolution of 30, even
 after zooming to the computational region.

 I think that seeing the resolution used can be very helpful in many
 applications, so I still maintain that having a second viewing mode, just
 as in gis.m which totally respects the region settings, including
 resolution, would be very useful.

 Moritz

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/106#comment:11>