[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 raster coding best practices

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Sun May 4 05:39:44 EDT 2008

>  > > >        input->guisection = _("Required");
>  > >
>  > >  FWIW I consider this to be redundant noise. If it is wished that the
>  > >  module GUI(s) group required options in the first tab then they
>  > >  should extract that from the input->required field.
>  >
>  > Can you provide an example of filling in input->required, that would
>  > be nice to add.
>
>  ?
>  you already have it above; =YES or =NO.

OK, a small misunderstanding here, some small examples.

input->guisection will create a Tab in the GUI with the name given to it.

input->guisection = _("Required");
input->guisection = _("Optional");
input->guisection = _("Set of functions 1");
input->guisection = _("Parameters for output2");

on the other hand,
input->required=YES
forbids the code to run on empty "input"

--
Yann Chemin
International Rice Research Institute