[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS: r.in.gdal projection issue

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat May 10 01:30:01 EDT 2008

Marco,

I reported something similar a month or so back. Some of my students using
WinGRASS would import an SRTM or other file--or they would make a location
from an EPSG code. Then when they tried to reproject into another location,
they'd get an error that there is no projection file.

It seems most common (only?) with some latlon locations. UTM's seem OK. It
is also somewhat erratic. I assume that it is either a g.proj error or a bad
EPSG entry.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity