R: R: R: [GRASS-dev] WinGRASS: r.in.gdal projection issue

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Mon May 12 04:56:18 EDT 2008

Hi Hamish,

>no coordinate system is defined == XY

yes, it seemed the same to me (I also opened the ASC file and I didn't find any information about the projection), but a linux user on IRC did the same command (on my request) and told me that on linux it created the location 'test' with proj defined.

>any support files come with it that supply that information?

no. There's only the MASK file, but I haven't it because the file is not available on the server.

The best thing is that someone else could try to import the same file [1] with the same command.

[1] http://srtm.jrc.it/SRTM_Data_ArcAscii/srtm_39_03.zip

Regards,

Marco