[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #117: r.digit: make guarantee_xmon fail nicely on WinGrass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu May 15 11:08:10 EDT 2008

Marco,

I put this in the development GRASS 6 branch, which is where I think we are
supposed to be working on GUI development at the present--especially for
TclTk--and which will morph into GRASS 6.4.

To be more accurate, it is not that r.digit doesn't work, it is that ANY
command that requires an interactive Xmonitor doesn't work--and won't work
on Windows AFAICT. With TclTk now giving a meaningful message whenever
someone tries to run such a command from the GUI, the TclTk ticket should be
closed.

The other issue, about requiring interactive should indeed be maintained as
an enhancement ticket for GRASS 6.4 and 7. But this will require changes to
the relevent modules' C code. That is, it is not an issue that can be fixed
in the GUI at present.

Michael

On 5/15/08 3:01 AM, "GRASS GIS" <trac at osgeo.org> wrote:

> #117: r.digit: make guarantee_xmon fail nicely on WinGrass
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  4everskiff  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>       Type:  defect      |      Status:  closed
>  Component:  Tcl         |     Version:  6.3.0
> Resolution:  fixed       |    Keywords:
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
> Changes (by marcopx):
>
>   * version:  6.3.0 RCs => 6.3.0
>
> Comment:
>
>  Replying to [comment:12 cmbarton]:
>> I just committed a fix to this, but can't test it on my Mac. At least it
>  doesn't do any harm on a Mac.
>>
>> Michael
>
>  Hi Michael,
>
>  I'll test it as soon as possible. Is it on SVN GRASS trunk?
>  BTW, the problem is that r.digit doesn't work on windows. Should we really
>  leave the ticket closed? we probably should open a new ticket, such as:
>
>  WinGRASS: r.digit doesn't work
>
>  Marco
>
>  PS: I created a new OSGEOID, the previous 4everskiff was not actually
>  appropriate :-)
>  Starting from now I will always use the marcopx ID, as in IRC

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213