[GRASS-dev] d.region

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri May 16 06:05:13 EDT 2008

hi,

I created new script, absed on d.region.box from Hamish. It has few
more options.

I think, script like this should go to GRASS (and not to live only as addon)

I called it d.region, here is it's help:

 Draw desired region into current display

Usage:
 d.region [-dcf] [name=string] [color=string] [width=value]
   [rast=string] [rast3d=string] [vect=string] [3dview=string] [n=value]
   [s=value] [e=value] [w=value] [--verbose] [--quiet]

Flags:
  -d   Draw default region
  -c   Draw current region
  -f   Non-persistant box (doesn't survive redraw or zoom)
 --v   Verbose module output
 --q   Quiet module output

Parameters:
    name   Region name
   color   Color to draw with, either a standard GRASS color or R:G:B triplet
           default: black
   width   Line width
           default: 1
    rast   Draw region to match this raster map
  rast3d   Draw region to match this 3D raster map
    vect   Draw region to match this vector map
  3dview   Draw region to match this 3dview file
       n   Value for the northern edge
       s   Value for the southern edge
       e   Value for the eastern edge
       w   Value for the western edge

The script is attached to this e-mail.

What do you think: Is it worth to put in trunk/grass/display/ ? should
the name be d.region or d.region.box or different ?

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com