R: [GRASS-dev] Locking is not supported on Windows

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Wed May 21 05:46:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

thanks to all for the exhaustive replies.

sorry but not. I tried to find out why here http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/general/g.mapset/main.c but I still don't know many things in GRASS code to understand it well (and my C is very very rusty). I just found that at lines 155-156 a conditional calls G_fatal_error if the GIS_LOCK env var is not set (var retrieved at line 154).

>If g.mapset doesn't work, you can always change the GISDBASE,
>LOCATION_NAME and MAPSET variables directly with g.gisenv.

Yes, it doesn't produce errors, but it doesn't change the location/mapset!

Marco